Star Trek Beyond (Basement Matinee)
I finally sat down to watch Star Trek Beyond and so here are my thoughts on the most recent of Star Trek feature films...
- A lot of this film was based on plot convenience, for example: The Enterprise just happens to have the macguffin item and just happens to be going to a base which just happens to be near a nebula that happens to be right where the planet where the villain is preparing his revenge
- Karl Urban is without question is possessed by the spirit of DeForest Kelly whenever he plays McCoy
- There is no way anyone is going to convince me that Simon Pegg didn't write Scotty and Jaylah to have so much intereaction without him hoping people will write fan fics about the pairing
- Visually the film looks great, but the story doesn't hold up when one factors in how ballsy a villain Kraul could've been
- This film borrows elements from Star Trek II The Wrath of Khan and Star Trek Nemisis