One would think that the WWE would not have a fragmented history with its championships that would allow for someone like me to go 'not so fast' when 'history is made'
- The New Day's 478 reign as WWE / RAW Tag Team Champions is the longest overall tag team title reign of all time in the WWE, however the history of the titles they held only go back to 2002
- Demolition's 475 day reign as the World Tag Team Champions still stands as the longest reign for that particular championship, its history was discontinued when it was unified with the WWE Tag Team Championship in 2010
- The WWE makes it clear that the titles are separate entities
- The only way the WWE Can 'fix this' is by adding onto the discontinued history of the World Tag Team Titles saying that all tag title reigns following the unification match add onto it, which they won't do.
- A similar problem will present itself as it relates to the RAW Women's Championship, a title introduced this year with Charlotte winning the title 4 times and Sasha Banks 3 times
- The WWE will 'push' the fact that Trish Stratus's record of 7 reigns as WWE Women's Championship will be 'broken', however there is no connection between the title she held and the one featured on Monday Nights.