For the past several years I've watched in amazement as the Baseball Writers Association of America gets it wrong time and time again when it comes to Tim Raines
- Raines played in 2500 games and has 2600 hits, so average at least a hit a game
- He got on base via a walk 1300 times, so if he's not getting a hit, he's getting on base, like a lead off hitter should
- He stole over 800 bases, good luck seeing a modern day player coming anywhere close to that
- In the last year he played, his OBS was .351, there are players in the game today who would kill to have a .351 OBS, his career OBS was .391
- The arugment that he's the poor man's Ricky Henderson is idiotic, just because Ricky did more and played longer, should not be held against Raines.