The Romans Part 1 (Tales From The TARDIS)
On today's episode, we are starting our look at the four part Doctor Who story 'The Romans'!
- Part 1, The Slave Traders, premiered January 16, 1965, with 13 Million Viewers tuning it
- Despite the cliff hanger from the Rescue part 2 being used, we don't see what happens when the TARDIS falls off the cliff, the story jumps ahead a month
- I have a theory that because of how long Marco Polo was, that the production team of Doctor Who figured to just have the TARDIS crew be around an area from the month off camera so the story focuses on building towards everyone getting the Rome
- Vicki being eager to go off with The Doctor is basically similar to how Susan would've acted
- There is a lot of verbal comedy, which may be off putting to some viewers, but I think it's there to counter balance some of the darker story elements of the story.