Doctor Who: The Romans Part 3
Today we're going over part three of The Romans story, with 'Conspiracy', which in my opinion, is a fun little episode.
- Original airdate January 30, 1965, 10 Million Viewers (a drop of 1.5 from previous week)
- This episode as a great comedic chase sequence of Nero wanting to bed Barbara and he chases her all over the palace
- The Doctor making use of the Emperor's New Clothes technique and playing to Nero's ego when forced to perform at the banquet is very clever
- Nero is actually justified in wanting to send The Doctor to the lions, but not for reasons he express, because he was embarrassed just not in the way he thinks he is
- I really like how inadvertently Vicki ends up saving Barbara, which forces The Doctor to save Nero from Barbara's fate of being poisoned.