A demo for a game called Balthazar's Dream was brought to my attention, and so I sat down to do a lets play and a review of it! It's from Psilocybe Games (www.psilocybegames.com) and a Kickstarter campaign will be starting November 24th to raise funds to get the game produced. But does the demo show enough to make it worth supporter? Let's find out!
- The controls are very responsive which is very important considering some of the in game mechanics, particularly the 'smart meter' which you have to pay attention to when using the ropes and vacuum cleaner and even the ball to get things accomplished.
- The game certainly looks good, very easy on the eyes
- The level design is linear, but not totally straightforward, somethings need near perfect timing
- The music is lovely, sure its repetitive but it doesn't cause a distration
- Yes, the game does get my seal of approval for folks to donate to its Kickstarter campaign when it starts on November 24th