Flashpoint & Farewell To Susan - The Dalek Invasion Of Earth (Tales From The TARDIS)
We have reached the sixth chapter of The Dalek Invasion of Earth, and in addition to going over it, I want to put a spotlight on the final scene featuring the Doctor's granddaughter Susan
- The episode was titled 'Flashpoint' and premiered December 26, 1964, with an audience of 12.4 Million Viewers
- For all intents and purposes, Ian basically saves the day as it's his actions that prevent the Dalek device from reaching it's destination not once but twice
- Case in point, Ian basically jams the mine shaft with some lumber, and regardless of what anyone else does, The Daleks doesn't notice this and when it goes off it takes the Dalek's saucers out
- The big plot hole is: Were all the Daleks in one place?! Were they using Robomen to control the rest of the planet?!
- Barbara basically trying to b.s. the Daleks by saying there is going to be revolutions from Red Indians, The Boston Tea Party, Robert E. Lee and Hannibal is glorious
- I will fight anyone on this, but I will put Susan's farewell as the the greatest sendoff of a companion ever, it's the first major emotional moment of Doctor Who, and there is a true sense of internal conflict over Susan wanting to both stay and go, and The Doctor was clearly forcing himself to make the decision.
|Tell is about The Boston Tea Party!|
|Well That didn't work out the way Barbara hoped!|
|Look over there!|
|Ladies and Gentlemen... DALEK VISION!|
|This Dalek is clearly a smoker... bet he prefers Newports!|
|Even The Daleks Love To Body Surf!|
|Don't worry, it'll buff right out!|
|Look up in the sky!|
|And so life on Earth begins again....|
|A Heartbreaking Decision Looms...|
|Ian and Barbara say there good-byes... not knowing it's to Susan as well...|
|"One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. |
Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties.
Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine."
|The last time Susan sees The TARDIS...|
|In one hand her future... in the other her past|
|What shall the Future bring....|
|As the key to the past is left behind|