Doctor Who: The Rescue Part 2 (Tales From The TARDIS)
Tonight we are wrapping up our look at the Doctor Who story 'The Rescue' with part two, titled Desperate Measures
- Vicki becomes the first companion to be actually invited by the Doctor to Travel in the TARDIS on the show, remember Susan was already traveling with him prior to An Unearthly Child, while Ian and Barbara were both 'unwilling' passengers
- Bennett's scheme to avoid going to prison is very over the time: kill everyone that knows what he did, except for Vicki who doesn't know, terrify her so that when help comes she can support his version of events
- The Doctor going off on his own to deal with Bennett is pretty interesting in how he was willing to get physical with him.
- I wonder if it was scripted for Barbara to nail Ian in the ribs for laughing at Vicki's comment that they are over 500 years old, cause William Russell's reaction was too good to be staged.
- Strange note: The TARDIS doors are shown to be on the right hand side instead of the left, kind of a different angle which shows that the TARDIS console room is circular.