Hello Dwellers and Welcome To The Basement...
How about a late night Matinee?
So since I'm a night owl... I ended up watching Scooby-Doo and WWE: Curse of the Speed Demon, the sequel to the very fun: Scooby-Doo WrestleMania Mystery. I did the video log straight after watching it, so I don't have a full blog, but here are some highlights
1. Great Animation... there has not been one badly done Scooby-Doo animated film going all the way back to 1999.
2. It's a direct sequel to WrestleMania Mystery, with references to events from that film.
3. The WWE Superstars who take part do a solid job with their voice work, not a single weak performance, unlike with the Flintstones / WWE Stone Age SmackDown which was hampered big time by CM Punk
4. Swapping John Cena for the Undertaker was an interesting choice that takes a lot of liberties with the Dead Man... who finally lightens up about his persona.
5. The revelation of the villain is quite surprising... no spoilers on who that is!
6. It is great to hear Dusty Rhodes one last time following his passing last year, which clearly dates this movie, in addition to the Los Matadores gimmick change and the departures of Stardust & El Torito
7. There are a lot of great character moments for the WWE Superstars... there is the oddness of the Stephanie-Daphne friendship... and Velma jealousy angle that stands out.